The client brief on this project was about enlarging the kitchen / dining space at the rear of the property to create space for children and grown-ups to occupy the space at the same time and with an improved connection to the garden. A single storey conservatory was replaced with a 7m x 3.5m extension with bifold doors on the rear and side elevations capitalising on the wrap-around nature of the garden.
Shafts of direct sunlight create visual interest in the new extension
- construction type: extension & opening up
- new / remodelled floor area: 50m²
- concept design complete: June 2017
- appointment type: RIBA stages 01 – 04 with additional visits
- Main contractor: Urban Building Projects
- Completed Summer 2018