The key purpose of this ground floor single storey extension was to create an age-friendly wetroom which is in keeping with the 1920s host property. Due to an aspiration to retain the rear garden access we limited the overall extension width to 1.5m exterior dimension. The interior spaces needed to be carefully crafted in order to create an usable space a little over 1m wide.
The alterations incorporated a previous single storey kitchen extension which was remodelled to create a new access out to the garden. Traditional brickwork, roofing and joinery, excellently executed by the building contractor Robert Grindley, was used to harmonise all 3 of the elements.
- construction type: extension & remodelling
- new / remodelled floor area: 16m²
- concept design complete: May 2017
- appointment type: RIBA stages 1 – 4
- special requirements: aspiration to appear in keeping with 1920s host property
- main contractor: Robert Grindley
- completed July 2018